My Shadow Is Near

 To follow the crowd and to be just like you...

Was not my ordainment, or to have as my due.

My orders from God, were written in gold.

To show forth His love and to win every soul.


I was destined from foundation, to walk a lonely road.

And to carry out my duties, though heavy with load.

While down in the valley, my feet might be sore.

My step by step challenge, will never be a bore.


My equipment I carry, with fearless delight.

For in pursuit of purpose, I seek You by sight.

With Grace by my side and wine in my cup.

I will overcome every obstacle and with Jesus I will sup.


At times of great trials, I value your hand.

For without Mercy near me, I could not even stand.

Though black as the night, be the ground where I lay.

 With g


oodness forever, I am grateful to stay.


In all that I do, I boast in the Lord.

For favour comes running, in the midst of discord.

Though I seem all alone, my shadow is near.

To fill me with splendor and erase every fear.















































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair