Like A Babbling Fool

I say I love you, but my words do not..

I shout with glee, like a shining pot.

My eyes grow dim, to the sights I see..

For my actions speaks louder, than who I was born to be.


Like a tinkling symbol, I make much noise..

To be seen and heard, so I can rejoice.

From the rising of the sun, till it sets in the west..

I loose the chance, to win each test.


Often I would say, I am a child of God..

Howbeit my senses, are ruled by discord.

Like a slave in captivity, I am bound in chains..

For the pride in my heart, is a block to my stains.


I am my own weapon, that is fighting against me..

Consumed and conformed, to the crushing to be free.

I speak to the wind, like a babbling fool..

For the mote in my eye, is the devil's own tool.


I lost my identity, in the pride of life..

Like a fox in the henhouse, I divorced my wife.

I laughed at five loaves and two fishes, in the desert..

For a servant's heart, was distant at my


birth.


Where honour is given, I laugh it to scorn..

For the council I seek, is absent from corn.

To light up a candle and put it on a stick..

Verily I say, is much more than a prick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Behold, Thou Art Fair