The Master's Son

 You are not God, but you show me the way.

You welcome me home and kiss me every single day.

You speak words of wisdom.

You stretch out your hand.

And without repercussions, you help me to stand.


I left my home in gladness.

To launch out in the deep.

I thought that joy and happiness, would cover me and keep.

I met with pain and sorrow.

And walked a broken path.

Yet never once did you respond.

With hate or an unforgiving bond.


Into your arms, you took me in.

As I stepped with threadbare shoes.

And inside my heart, I ached so much.

I hungered for my father's touch.

You wrapped me up and filled my cup.

With love so deeply profound.

To let me know, that seeds you sowed.

Should bloom under such heavy load.


I did not


hear, what I thought I might.

To break my spirit down.

For the love you had, was so much more.

To heal me to my very core.

The prodigal came from far away.

To lay my burdens down.

To embrace the one, whose seed I am from.

And became the Master's son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair