Down In The Valley

 I have been down in the valley.

Kicked to the curb.

Lost in the wilderness.

And lonely in the crowd.

There have been times I was broken.

There have been times I was misunderstood.

But throughout all my journey.

You have never left me alone.


Up on the mountain.

On the highest peak.

There you stand Lord.

Covering me.

All the times I was lonely.

All the times I cried.

It was at my lowest.

You were my strength.


Everytime I failed you.

Every word I said.

In my darkest hour.

Lord you kept me fed.

Even when my finger.

Pointed up to heaven.

And I cried Lord Jesus.

I can't walk another mile.


It was all your mercy.

And your grace beside me.

Down in the valley.

Where I was in despair.

In my times of sorrow.

Lord your goodness followed.

Through it all you held me.

When I could not hold myself.


I am grateful Jesus.

For your love and kindness.

Even when I fall Lord.

You stretch your hand to me.

Forever I will go on.

Through the rough


and rugged.

Just to have you near me.

And to know I am not my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair