When My Back Cannot Lean

 My disappointment and anger, because of man..

Activates my emotions and I bend where I stand.

Building a wall, between good and bad..

Surrounds my faith, when I feel sad.


You promised to never, leave me alone..

You promised to feed me, with meat to my bone.

From the depth of despair, I stretch forth my hand..

Because your strength alone, I need just to stand.


My words feel defeated, when spoken to a wall..

Like a raging bull, they stumble and fall.

Up I arise, though broken up inside..

For only your mercy, could wrap me so wide.


To build up an altar, like a rebellious child..

Adorned with gold, is truly beguiled.

Sacred my song, to sing out i


n praise..

To say thank you Jesus, for from the dead you were raised.


Through aches and pains, I am determined to pray..

To draw from your Spirit, for you are my stay.

When my back cannot lean and my mind is a mess..

I bow to my God, to hold me through the test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hungry Days and Lonely Nights

Remember

A Prayer For You