The Lord Is My Delight

 My soul, my soul, yearns every day..

To draw closer to you, is my request when I pray.

To be in your presence, is more than my life..

From the rising of the sun, I will be your loving wife.


In hunger I seek, for more of your love..

For I know in my heart, you are gentle as a dove.

My thoughts I surrender, in haste with grace..

To kindle the flames, that I may win this race.


Like dew covered petals, of roses at dawn..

You surround my heart, so I am not forlorn.

My footsteps draw closer, like the deer by the brook..

While wearisome pages


, are torn from my book.


Before the red sea, I must hasten my heart..

For the midst of my crossing, is a brand new start.

Whither I go, the Lord is my delight..

Deserving of worship and faithful in might.


On mountains or in valleys, I will yield to the Lord..

To say Abba Father, I am grateful you are God.

In all I must do, I am yours to command..

So open your umbrella and make your demand.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hungry Days and Lonely Nights

Remember

A Prayer For You