I Know I Ever Fail

 I pray Oh God, for your touch tonight..

Help me to walk, by faith and not by sight.

In all I do, let my heartbeat know..

As I seek your face, my spirit will grow.


Sometimes I tell a lie and I say, it is well..

For often in my despair, I remember how I fell.

I cry myself to sleep, at times without a prayer..

As the yearning in my soul, grips me tightly without care.


I have so many dreams, in my vision to find rest..

To do what is required and pass each hardened test.

Father, walk beside me and never loose my hand..

Whereto I must travel, in Jesus will I stand.


At midnight in the shadows, I often ponder why..

The chariot of mercy, enwraps me as I cry.

I know I ever fail you, but yet your love is near..

With hope for everlasting, in you I never fear.


In weakness Lord I call you, to feed me from your plate..

And partake of provisions, where there is never hate.

I pray my prayers be favoured, as I struggle to pursue..

For without your compassion, then hell may be my due.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hungry Days and Lonely Nights

Remember

A Prayer For You