I Was Sent To Destroy You

 There's a Judas walking and saying with glee..

I am right beside you and you do not even see..

I say the right words, so my voice can be heard..

But deep within my heart, I will croak like a toad.


I will sit down beside you and smile in your face..

And give honour to you, but mock you with disgrace.

You might think I am kind, but what you don't know..

I am a demon in fine linen and I will beat you as you go.


I am your friend who is near and I will stretch forth my hand..

I will stand like your shadow and wave a magic wand.

When you think you are strong, with me by your side..

I will shake you like the wind and sweep you like the tide.


Though my eyes rests on you, I am searching for your cracks..

For deep inside the darkness, I am sharper than an ax.

I was sent to destroy you and I will not give up..

For on the road you travel, I will break you till you drop.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair