I Needed Your Hand

 You don't know me.

You don't know who I am.

You don't know where I've been.

You don't know where I come from.

You don't know what I've been through.

You don't know my thoughts.


Were you there, when I cried in the night?

Were you there, when I was covered in fright?

Were you there, when I searched for hope?

Were you there, when I felt defeated and could not cope?


You look at me and you see me smile.

You think to yourself, I did not walk a lonely mile.

You spit on the ground and hope I would slip.

But the awakening of your spirit, would be like an un


salted tip.


So many times, I needed your hand.

So many times, I had no strength to stand.

So many times, I struggled with pain.

So many times, I thought I was going insane.


Run with your horse and boast of yourself.

Say to your friends, I am just a poor little elf.

Let your foray of voices, lift to be heard.

But neglect not to see, I do not carry a heavy load.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair