I Am Called A Warrior

 Did you think I would be afraid, when you held me bound?

Did you think I would scream, or not make a sound? 

Did you say to yourself, I would cry like a babe?

Did you hope to see me weakened and defeated as I swayed?


You do not know, the woman I am.

You do not know, the inside of my glam.

You do not see, my strength buried deep.

You do not see, the tears as I weep.


I am not a simpleton, trembling at my knees.

I am not a failure, who just quit when I please.

I am called a warrior, who will fight to the end.

I am carved in stone and the Lord is my friend.


Who you say I am, means nothing  to me.

Who you represent, I don't even see.

Who you are in might, is really very weak..

Who you have beside you, is not who I will seek.


You cannot control me, or the life that I live.

You cannot defeat me, or carry what I give.

You will never walk, in my shoes for one day.

You will stay down in the valley, while to God I will pray.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair