Today, You Are My Own

 How many times have I said, that I put You first Lord....

And how many times have I lied....

How many times have I prayed and cried and promised, that all of my days, I will serve you....

 How many times have I lied....


I confess with my mouth, what you know I will not do.

And I go my own way, to do what I did not say.

Every day I act, on the stage that I have built.

To uphold my image, like a prince in a kilt.


Who I am, is not who I was meant to be.

For the life that I live, is filled with lies and deception and disappointments.

I put on my dress and make up my face.

But my eyes remain closed, so I don't see, I have fallen from grace.


How can I come home, after all that I have done...

How can the Lord accept me, for what I have done wrong....

How can I be forgiven, when I went from bad to worse...

How can Jesus love me, when I don't even love myself....


I feel a feathered hand, softly on my shoulder.

And I wonder if I'm dreaming, or don't know where I am.

But I hear a voice so tender... and the mention of my name.

And down upon my knees I go, as my heart burst out


in flames.


My child, my child...

Oh prodigal..

My blood was shed for you.

To cleanse you from all sin and shame...

And welcome you home again.

You are not forgotten.

And you are not unloved.

It was for your sins I gave my life.

So in Me, you can come and hide.

Today you are forgiven.

Today you have been washed.

Today you have been born again.

Today you are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair