I Do Not Have Much

 I do not have much Lord.

I have no steady income.... but I eat everyday.

I do not own a house.... but I have a place to call home.

I have no fancy car.... but I go from place to place.


I look up to the sky, when I hear an airplane passing.

And I gaze at it with longing, because I wish I was in it.

At times it is my lobster, but I eat lentils instead.

And I don't have much Lord, but what I have, is just enough.


I do not own a TV.... or a radio, to hear sounds.

The windows are all broken and the walls look so forlorn.

My bed is old and rusted...

And the cupboards, seems so bare.

But everyday I trust you... and love you, beyond compare.


I do not have much Lord.

But how I wish I did.

For inside, my heart keeps breaking, like a pot without a lid.

I gave up all I had and chose to put You first.

To travel in your chariot and sing praises,


till I burst.


The little that I have, I lay it at your feet.

For I know your multiplying, will make my life complete.

I store up treasures upstairs, because they will not rust.

And though I do have much.....

I have all that I need.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair