Who I Carried

 Looks are deceiving.

I was told long ago.

The smiles and the laughter.

And what I wanted to know.

The snare in the net.

To catch me unawares.

Were gold on the outside.

Like the wheat from the tares.


Pride with each stride.

And grace far and wide.

Adorn all my travels.

As I sing with each gravel.

Up I will get.

With zing on my step.

This follower of Jesus.

Will wage war with delight.


I fought many battles.

In my journey to get here.

And I struggled with hunger.

As I tarried through fear.

Though swords for to kill.

Were all ready with might.

I raged with my armour.

To the Cross within my sight.


The friends who I thought.

Were my strength and my song.

The ones who I carried.

And I thought could do no wrong.

At the turn of my back.

I felt daggers without tack.

For words flew like arrows.

Yet I flew like a sparrow.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair