There's No Song

 I knock on your door and think you are there.

And I stand outside and wait.

 As my heart sink with fear.

I hunger to see you.

But know deep inside.

That all that is left.

Is pain and despair.



The tears start falling.

And my stomach starts to churn.

For emptiness fills.

Where once fires burn.

With aches on my back.

And tatters on my lace.

I turn around and stumble.

And I pray for God's grace.


I sit in the corner and look to the east.

And the struggle to smile has become like a beast.

The thrill of the day.

Where once you would play. 

Are dust on my feet.

Where I am sifted like wheat.


You have flown from the coop.

And you will no longer stoop.

To conform to the will.

Of the sighs and the thrill.

Where you are you will smile.

All through battles and guile.

To build on your dream.

As you work as a team.


I know that you know.

That where you are you will grow.

But I wish deep inside.

You were here by my side.

Just yesterday you sang.

And my heart was so blessed.

Now today there's no song.

And I lie without rest.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair