I Failed

 My Father! My Father!

I need help right now.

Send me an angel as I kneel and bow.

I tried on my own, to do everything.

But I made such a mess, that I failed every test.


I thought I was strong and could do no wrong.

With flight on my feet, I abolished defeat.

Yet proud as I am, in storm and in calm.

I was heading for trouble and had cause for alarm.


Humble I wasn't, and held in esteem.

I pervaded lust and got caught


in a dream.

Never did I, think in my mind.

I might stumble and fall, and held as unkind.


My Father! My Father!

Surround me with love.

Teach me compassion, so I can fly like a dove.

In faith I will give, my heart to obey.

If only you would wash me and cleanse me to stay.


I disappointed you all my days.

In words from my mouth, without fear and doubt.

As I sit at your feet, may your charge help me grow.

To fulfill my purpose and with seeds I will sow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair