I Am Not My Own

 I am not my own Lord.

I am not my own.

You called me from my mother's womb.

And wrote my name on tablets of stone.


I will be fat and flourishing Lord.

And I will bring forth fruit.

For in your word you promised me.

That your blood will be my suit.


I will arise and take my place.

And with patience I will run this race.

For you have called me from the east.

To destroy every evil beast.


I know there is a table prepared.

With peace and joy and love you said.

And there is nothing in my hand.

That you won't use to make me stand.


I know I will always hear.

Your gentle voice deep in my ear.

For in your word you said to me.

I am your sheep and you have set me free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair