Glory Days

The one I love, is drunk more times than I can count.

And I want to slap him hard.

But I know that it is bad.


It gets on my nerves.

Just to give him what he deserves.

But Jesus says forgive him.

So I pray while his light is dim.


This man I love is tall and lean.

And strong enough to be very mean.

He speaks his mind but yet I see.

The weakness raging to be free.


I seek the Lord on his behalf.

With all my might, to stop the devil's laugh.

I know that God has promised me.

That in his timing, he will be free.



Everyday I love him still.

Inspite of all his faults and thrill.

Today his struggles might be great.

But tomorrow breakthrough, will not wait.


When he sleeps, is when I pray.

Because I know I cannot delay.

Though glory days might take some time.

I know he is worth heaven's bells rich chime.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair