Brother, brother

 Brother, brother.

When I needed a glass of water.

You didn't give me any.

When the heat of the sun was blistering my back.

You gave me no shade.

When I cried in agony.

And I needed your strong shoulders.

You shut the door on me.

Brother, brother.

Who am I to you....


You left me alone.

All shivering and cold.

To fend for myself.

In my weakness and my aches.

I stretched forth my hands.

In desperation for your grip.

But all I could find.

Was an empty glass of wine.


Brother, brother.

Where


is the love....

I thought you had for me....

I looked with my eyes.

But beholding I could not see.

The comfort that I sought.

As I stood aside in pain.

Became a drifting starlight.

As I bowed my head in shame.


Sorrow came and filled me.

Like a barrel in the rain.

To take me where the withered grass.

Was feasting with disdain.

I lifted my heart to heaven.

And I prayed with all my might.

That brother you won't know the price.

I paid to live in light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair