My Child

 Father you are good.

Father you are kind.

You take care of me even when I don't deserve it.

I fail... 

I fall...

I discard you like an old shoe.

I call you at my convenience.

Father you hear me.

Father you see me.

When I know I ought to sow.

When I know I ought to go.

When all I see is faithless me.

You look down from heaven and smile to the angels.

And you tell them.. " That's my child".

My child! 

When I fail to notice you in the crowd.

And my jaw drop when I hear you say bow.

You tell the angels... "That's my child"

My child!

When I listen to many voices.

And I ignore the sound of yours.

When I follow the wrong crowd.

And I end up shouting too loud.

When I sing along to a merry song.

And I don't think that I do anything wrong.

You say to the angels.. "That's my child"

My child! 

When my name is Saul.

And in the desert you call.

I fall to my knees.

In reverence without keys.

To ask who are you.

For to know is my due.

"I am Jesus Of Nazareth.

And I forever will let.

Your name to be Paul.

To my will I do call.

Now rise and be strong.

For I knew all along.

You would spread forth my name.

To the end for your gain".


And you say to the angels... "That's my child"

My child!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair