Like Leaven

 Good morning!

Good morning!.

How are you today?

I was wondering perhaps, if you might invite me to stay.

I know you are busy.

And may not have the time.

But humbly I wait.

At the outside of your gate.


The sun is so hot.

I am sweating in this heat.

I was hoping a glass of water.

Might be offered by my daughter.

Some words from the heart.

With love at the start.

Would show me you care.

So I think not in fear.


I wipe off the sweat.

From my brows and my neck.

I hope for your greeting.

As I hear my heart beating.

I look through the fence.

And I see you with hence.

As you laugh at the phone.

While I ache to the bone.


I lift up my voice.

And I call out your name.

Praying you heed me.

For to bless you with gain.

Though hungry for your touch.

You give me nothing much.

I lift my eyes to heaven.

And I vow to raise you like leaven.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair