Lift Me Up Lord

 I was really angry today papa.

I was angry and disappointed and hurt and frustrated.

I was bubbling inside and just needed to explode.

Your word said to get angry and sin not.

And I think I was obedient to your command papa.

I didn't hit anybody.

I didn't cuss anybody.

I didn't even break a plate.


I just slammed the doors so hard, the picture fell.

Tightened my lips.

Slammed the plate.

Ignored everyone.

Made unhappy remarks.

Sat by myself.

Cried.

And vented to you papa.

Because I knew you would listen to my rants without bias.


I didn't blame you.

It wasn't your fault.

I was just fed up of things being repeated and repetitive.

I wanted a touch.

I wanted an apologetic and broken heart.

But I got the opposite of what I thought was my privilege.


I failed today papa.

I messed up.

My heart was broken.

And I couldn't walk a mile.

Oh but your mercy kept me sane.

Your loving arms kept me from falling.

You understood my weakness.

You held the broken pieces of my heart in your hands and healed my lonesome soul.


What am I without you Lord...  

Where can I go that you cannot find me....

When I am lost, you find me.

When I am broken, you mend me.

When I am weak, you strengthen me.

When I am alone, you shadow me.


Oh but you are a merciful Father.

Oh but you are my shelter and my heartbeat.

Oh but you are my joy and my comfort.

Oh but you are my ALL.

Lift me up Lord.

LIFT ME UP.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair