Free Will

 You shattered my heart into a million pieces.

With words that had absolutely no creases.

All I wanted was to just slip away.

And bury myself into deep dismay. 


You promised me that you would always be.

The man that God created just for me.

All the while I thought I had.

Everything that would never make me sad.


You ripped apart my soul inside.

And buried me in a grave to hide.

All the pain you bathed me with.

That I could not even bend or sit.


I cried so much that now I know.

What hurting does with seeds you sow.

I wish that I could fight with force.

And erase for once this


timeless course.


Maybe I might heal someday.

If I can only find my way.

Where time stands still.

And I have free will.

To rise and shine.

And sip on fine wine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair