Fight With Might

 Papa I am trying my best.

 To do all that I can.

But sometimes Lord I need a prop.

Just so I can stand.


At times I want to lay my head.

And count sheep jumping over the fence.

But when I think of those who weep.

I cannot afford to sleep.


Papa I get so weary.

And step by step I go.

Oftentimes I think of you.

And how you never let me go.



I know you said you are my rock.

And upon you I should stand.

But Lord sometimes I need a push.

To make me understand.


Papa won't you hug me tight.

And help me win this fight.

Without you as my sword and shield.

In my weakness I might yield.


Papa send an angel now.

To make the pathway clear.

For on my own I might slip and fall.

And I need your ears to hear.


Papa I am so afraid.

Of dragons in the night.

Show me how to fight with might.

And conquer by faith and not sight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair