Blood Wine

Papa my plate is empty.
I haven't eaten anything today.
I wonder where I could find some bread.
But there's so much left unsaid.

I look around to find my way.
But all I see are bales of hay.
I think up ahead.
 There's a place to rest my head.
But when I get there,  my eyes behold,

just stones laid as my bed.

I weep in deepest valleys.
I walk through wilderness and alleys.
There are twigs and vines all intertwined.
And an empty cup without blood wine.

Papa let me lean on you.
Take my hand and help me through.
On my own my strength will go.
And I might sink and fail to sow.

With despair I wipe my eyes.
And I purpose with deepest sighs.
To overcome and win this race.
And say Thank You Lord.
For your amazing Grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair