Bid Me Well

 I say g


oodbye to this world today.

So long my friend.

But I cannot stay.

To paths unknown my future calls.

I must obey else lives will fall.


I hope my time with you was good.

And you will remember how humbly I stood.

I tried my best to make you see.

That come someday I must be free.


For all the days you turned your back.

When I was down and deep in lack.

May you never know such pain.

As I knew once but God kept me sane.


I may not come this way again.

At least not now until I regain.

The strength I need to make it far.

Without the chains of prison bars.


I will keep my eyes ahead.

Without fear I will not dread.

I know that where my heart belong.

Is home where I can do no wrong.


Bid me well oh feathered friend.

For my love for you has come to an end.

Wish me joy and peace of mind.

And think of me but not unkind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair