A Cheshire Cat

 Today I failed and broke your heart.

I didn't make the time to sit and chat.

There was so much that came my way.

And I got distracted and caught in delay.


At times I think I have so much time.

To do the things that don't cost me a dime.

But all the while You stand and wait.

To see if I would haste with faith.


I make the time to do this and that.

And I laugh and cry like a Cheshire cat.

All the while my hours are spent.

Doing nothing that is worth your scent.


I sometimes do not think at all.

About the time you pick me up when I fall.

I take for granted your loving arms.

Would wrap around me and keep me calm.


I am sorry for all my wrong.

And I ask You Lord to give me a brand new song.

That I may lift my voice and sing.

In worship to the Mighty King.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair