A Tangled Vine

 If I think about the words they speak.

To hurt me every single week.

I would hide myself inside.

While the world goes flying by.


If I allow the spoken words.

To keep me croaking just like toads.

I may never find my way.

To tell the world I am here to stay.


If what they say could keep me down.

I will forever be chained and bound.

But I will rise above the rest.

And see my enemies buried in their mess.


If I give back to those in kind.

I am no better than a tangled vine.

I am better.

I am strong.

And I will right every single wrong.


If tomorrow comes and I am weak.

Because of swords from those who seek.

My demise, for all to see.

For shame and sorrow to be me.


If I try to turn the hate.

That others throw at my gate.

I know that I will always win.

And be the daughter.

God freed from sin.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair