An Appointment With Death

 I will take the things I brought with me,

when I leave this earth someday.

I will leave the trees I planted with seeds,

along each vale and way.

I will travel alone and leave behind,

every friend and foe indeed.

And what I thought of as my own,

as I laboured to my bone,

will become like a mortal stone.


Though I feast now in houses

and is merry at heart,

I have an appointment

 to meet with death.

So I consider my ways,

 while I have time,

And store up my treasures on high.


I am given a destiny

 and a purpose to fulfill,

To persevere through valleys,

and at times to stand still.

With kings I never sup,

though I dream and never stop..

When I go to meet the Lord,

I pray to hear WELL DONE from God.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Knows Best

You Neglected To Say Goodbye

Memories