Mercy Oh Mercy

 Mark me Lord, to be called your own..

For your blood and your life, were drained to the bone.

In neglect I pursued, the wages of sin..

Now today I repent, so please let me in.


Astute I had thought, I might travel in gain..

To lands near and far, without any disdain.

Peace, it escaped me, while I hungered for fame..

All to be favoured, in the devil's own game.


At the height of success, I tooted my own horn..

Quick to be fixed, at the price of great scorn.

Unlearned in my passion, of the courses I took..

The pit I fell into, bore me weak as I shook.


Wasted and lost, I lifted my voice..

In hope of release, whereforth I would rejoice.

Decisive and troubled, desperately afraid..

I raised my broken heart and beseeched  for glorious aid.


Unworthy to enter, the presence of the Lord..

I struggled, though broken, to come out from discord.

Mercy Oh Mercy... I prayed it would come..

For cleansing and shifting, to take me from glum.


Oh, but my eyes,


could see the glory of the King..

To hear His voice speak gently and say I could sing.

Where once I was lost, now I am found..

Now my fellowship with Jesus, forever will be bound.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hungry Days and Lonely Nights

Remember

A Prayer For You