My Cup, At Times, Is Not So Full

 I don't have it all together Lord..

I need your help every day.

When I think my strength, is all I need..

I find the dryness of my seed.


Often I would dream of things..

I say that it is well.

The thoughts that rage inside my head..

Belong to someone else instead.


Yet the days of dread and fear..

Beckons slowly, as I kiss each tear.

My insides churn and my heart ache..

For particles of bread and cake.


I look up and I declare..

That you, Oh God, might heal each care.

By faith I hope, to run this race..

Justly striving slowly,


with your grace.


My cup, at times, is not so full..

Quickened partly, as I struggle through the process of finding my way.

From the moment I wake up, to the time I rest my head...

On a bed of old linen, adorned with wrinkled care..

My tapered longing, becomes so true..

For doubt and despair, escapes my due.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hungry Days and Lonely Nights

Remember

A Prayer For You