Examine My Heart

 Lift me up Lord..

For my soul is heavy within me.

Hear my voice when I speak, for thou art my hiding place.


When I lay burdened upon my bed...

Wrap me with your righteousness.


Others desert me, in my closet of grief..

And the good of the heart, rests uneasy.

Hated at times, I am..

To those who seek to destroy my temple.

But thou, Oh Lord, are a shield for me..

Your grace is not my lack.


Like the whispers of willows, in the midst of the dark..

So is my fortune, on my platter.

Though sorrow is raging and rough is the sea..

My comfort and courage, comes from near and from far.


Lonely I am not..

For with me, you are.

The murmurs of glory, transcends through the wind.

Coupled with favour, you fill up my cup..

Whereforth I wander, I am strengthened to sup.


Examine my heart and feed every need..

That my willingness to serve you, should condemn evil.

Try my habitation and enrapture my hope..

Let the passage of time, remove stains and disdain.

I will enquire of you, for rest and for fields..

To dwell in your presence, till my eyes look upon your face.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hungry Days and Lonely Nights

Remember

A Prayer For You