Examine Me, Oh Lord

 When I lay in the darkness, alone on my bed.. 

My eyes are


all closed and on hay is my head.

I sink in your presence, for fear is my dread..

Hear, Oh Lord, every word that is said.


One thing have I desired and each day I pray..

That I may be gathered, as a sheep gone astray.

Publish in my heart, all the treasures I must seek..

For the work in the vineyard, is not for the weak.


Examine me,  Oh Lord, and prove my heart..

For the council of the ungodly, is as the east is apart.

Vain conversations, is not my habitat..

So I pray, Almighty God, for my enemies to scat.


Sitting with the wicked, is not my cup of tea..

Whose hands are all sticky, to retain what is free.

Unto you, Oh Lord, will I rush in like a flood..

For my strength and my comfort, were given with your blood.


Past the brasen altar, I humbly seek your face..

Where sovereign glory comes and there is so much grace.

Now shall my head, be lifted to my King..

To shout a Hallelujah, as an echo as I sing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hungry Days and Lonely Nights

Remember

A Prayer For You