Weep Not My Daughter

 Weep not my daughter, for I am right here..

I will hold you tight and dry your tear.

My shoulder is broad and my legs are firm..

Lean on me, for my love is long term.


I know you are weary and I know you are weak..

I know you are broken and it is peace you seek.

The times in the shadows, when you feel lost..

My saving grace, I will give at no cost.


I see your struggles and the sleepless nights..

Where the witness of heartache, is the wind in flight.

Howbeit my daughter, my comfort has no end..

Just lean on me, for I am your friend.


You try to do, what you should not..

Deep down in the valley, where it is hot.

Just trust me child, for I know what's best..

So put on my armour, or you will fail each test.


On the narrow way, I see your doubt..

You feast not on my word, nor speak it with your mouth.

You form your own weapon, with the choices you make..

But I am here to carry you, past the pearly gate.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hungry Days and Lonely Nights

Remember

A Prayer For You