Farewell From This World

 Oh mine equal..

My acquaintance and friend..

The one I held dear to my heart..

The one I called upon, in my time of need.


You took of my love, Oh friend..

You took my warmth and my strength.

Never was anything too much or too little, to give to you..

Day and night, you were my comfort.

Your words were the balm to my soul.


But it was you, Oh my guide..

It was you who hurt me, to my core.

You who brought horror, to my knees.

Like an owl in the night, you hooted my senses..

And I wandered, lost and alone.


Smoother than silk, you deceived me..

Like a cart, where wheels were not wheels.

You put forth your hands and sliced off my vest..

And carried away my thoughts.

My dwelling you rejected and my food on your plate..

Though in haste, you prevailed in your reproach.

Yet deep in the realm, of the longings of my heart..

I bid you farewell from this world.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair