To Die Is Gain

 The Lord says, to endure hardness...

For His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

Yet as I toil, in sweat and tears..

I remember why, He took my cares.


To live is Christ, but to die is gain..

And to suffer now, means I will reign.

The gift of God, within my soul..

Is my delight, to reach my goal.


Night and day, I pray to God. 

That I may be, strong as a board.

To do the work and fish for men..

I must live, in the Lion's den.


Ashamed I'm not, of God's command..

For I am bound, by faith to stand.

To shew myself, approved of God..

I must be, like Aaron's rod.


I am not, the dead who lives..

For the Lord, knows who are His.

A humble servant, apt to teach..

And seek the lost, that few will reach.


To keep the faith, I must press on..

And drink from wells, though filled with scorn.

Though like trash, I am spit upon..

In the morning, I will be reborn.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair