Down In The Gutter

 Sometimes I think I am not good enough..

For there are others around me, who laugh me down.

Often I would dream,


of doing my own thing..

Much to the amusement, of the wearers of shiny rings.


Once upon a time, I was as strong as an ox..

I could walk a hundred miles and be smarter than a fox.

Time made its way and my life took a turn..

Now gone are the days, when laughter was a yearn.


As the weight of the world, took a toll on me..

I struggled with defeat, for knowledge I did not seek.

I garnered all my might, to free myself from doubt..

So tomorrow could become, what I had only dreamed about.


Down in the gutter, there are lessons to be learned.

For it is there in the furnace, you will battle and get burned.

Deep in the jungle, where snakes tries to hide..

You understand the reasons, why some doors are not opened wide.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair