God Knows I'm Trying

 I thought I was strong, but I was weak..

I thought that in fasting, I would get what I seek.

All through the nights, of lying awake..

My heart was hurting and I felt like a fake.


In sackcloth and ashes, I went before the Lord..

For I needed a breakthrough, to fight with a sword.

I hastened my footsteps, to draw closer to the door..

Because what I needed, was heavy to my core.


After a while,


of staying the course..

To usher in the presence, of the one who is Boss..

I made up my mind, to pursue with praise..

For my end had to triumph, so my bar could raise.


At times in my knowledge, I think I have failed..

For I stumble and I fall, when my ship has sailed.

Where I go, I don't know, but I trust in my God..

For there at the rainbow, I will never be bored.


God knows I'm trying, to do my very best..

Though many times I wander and I need to take a rest.

In my bed as I lay, I pray to be bold..

For when trials come calling, my heart will not be cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair