Since The Days Of Genesis

 I am not a woman, to be kicked to the curb.

And I am not a gentle, fearful little lamb.

Who you think I may be, is not who I am.

For I will hold you by the neck and kill you in the calm.


I am as strong as an ox and armed to the hilt.

And if you come against me, I will see you fall and wilt.

Small I may be, but there's a warrior inside.

And backing down in fright, will be gone like the tide.


Naked I am not and weak is not my name.

For everyday I rise up and never feel ashame.

Who I represent, with my life here on earth.

Is more than sufficient, to fill my cup since birth.


I am not a puppet, to be dangled on a string.

And I am not forgotten, like a bell after each ring.

I am for forever, a daughter of the King. 

And in the name of Jesus, I will lift my voice and sing.


So when you look at me, do not think I am your kind.

For since the days of


Genesis, I have been drinking fine red wine.

My life is not my own and I do not bow to you.

And till kingdom come in Glory, my joy will be like new.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair