My Foes May Come Calling

 Down in the valley, I am pruned to be wise.

For the devil is lurking and covered in disguise.

For me to be strong, I must trust in the Lord.

And pray that the day, be not filled with discord.


My praise calls to heaven, to come to my aid.

For desperate need, sometimes make me afraid.

If I slack off my riding, my blessings might decrease.

But faithfulness in Jesus, will forever increase.


I will sing of the mercies, of the Lord my God.

For in the pursuit of happiness, He is my tightened cord.

Though daily like raindrops, I remember who I am.

I trust in the One, who is my safety and calm.


My foes may come calling, but defeat be their fare.

For what I have within me, is mercy with great care.

My acquaintance in the darkness, is more than your daylight.

Therefore I rejoice, with power and with might.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair