I Tried And I Failed

 I sat and I thought, about the mountains in front....

And I cried in despair, for my lack and my want.

All I could see, were the falling rocks...

For my eyes were blind, to the remover of the blocks.


Twice in the past, I tried and I failed...

And my heart was so broken, with rejection, I wailed.

All that was needed, was faith in my God...

But my cloudy vision, had me bound with discord.


I dream and I dream, of travelling afar.

To unknown places, on roads of tar.

The fragrance of roses and the dew on the grass....

Could feast on my breasts, like Solomon's lass.


On mornings I awake and I look to the sky..

To embrace the bright sunshine, without wondering why.

My horizon one day, might be clear to be seen...

For favour comes softly, to those who are clean


.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair