I Did Not Name You Jonah

 Oh ye of little faith....

If you trust Me, you will praise Me while you wait.

I told you not to worry and I told you not to fear.

For everywhere you go, know that I am always near.


You read my Word on Sunday and think it is enough.

But if you do not eat my feast, you won't stand when times are rough.

My promise I have given, to be your sword and shield.

So come into my presence and worship as you yield.


Do not presume to use me, when you think the time is right.

For I won't wait forever, while you party in the night.

Today I am your Saviour, but tomorrow I will be your judge.

So slack not your riding and come home without a budge.


I did not name you Jonah, for you are not like him.

And your sacrifice of giving, must never become dim.

Climb upon the Cycomore and watch me as I go.

For to your house I carry, untold blessings you don't know.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair