Chasing A Thousand

 I sit and imagine, the things I would say...

When I stand before the Lord, alone on judgment day.

Would my voice sound the same, or be transformed with delight....

I wait with great fear, but by faith and not sight.


Often I would say, to those who are near...

To put your trust in Jesus and worship Him so dear.


For the race is not for those, who can run like a light.

But it is for those, who endure through every fight.


In prayer I would go, every minute of the day.

And say to the Lord, to save a soul along the way.

One at a time, could change the whole world.

For chasing a thousand, would make demons feet cold.


Perhaps in this life, I might travel afar.

And see the horizons, amidst every scar.

To touch just one heart and set them aflame....

Is more than sufficient, for they'll never be the same.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair