My Milking Pot

 I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you... and my heart is so broken, my tears fall like dew. I wish I could say, all the things I did not. Now forever and ever, I close my milking pot.

The times when I saw you, you radiated peace. And I never once thought, your heartbeat would cease. So vibrant and beautiful, you stood out in the crowd. Now today into heaven, your singing will be loud.

The legacies you left, may they fill empty cups. Perhaps in the dawnings, of mercy to sup. When time brings remembrance, of smiles on your face. I pray they are all, feathered with grace.

Though tears will come running and comfort may stay. One day, we will meet, over yonder, I pray. Till the tide takes a turn and the waves crash on shore. May your memories linger, like never before.

So with my eyes full of sorrow, I bid you farewell. And I beseech God with longing, to have stories to tell. Let laughter surround you, in the presence of our Lord. For one of these days, I will come for my board.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair