Come Home

 I know you are weary... and I know you feel weak.

I know you are broken.... and stuck in defeat.

There are times you weep like rivers.... and times you stand alone.

But I am calling you hither, my child.

I am begging you, to come home.


 You have walked in desert places... and rested upon stones.

And carried your burdens, on your back, to your bones.

When you thought I had left you... and you were downcast.

I was stretching out my hand.... to wipe away your past.


You never see me near you, as I shelter you with love.

And you never try to find me, or fit me like a glove.

There are days I watch your footsteps, as you walk


further away.

But I am longing for your time....

So please, come home.


I wrote your name in glory.... and I dressed it with gold.

But what you do not know, is that, I am fighting for your soul.

Open up your heart... and drink from my well.

And be forever safe, in my arms, where you will dwell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair