When I Look Up

 Love me or leave me, that is your choice.

But whatever you choose, I will always have a voice.

I was made in the light, with power and with might.

And till kingdom come, I will walk by faith and not sight.



What you think I must do, is not yours to decide.

For in freedom I was told, that doors will open wide.

Where you go, I may not, but in all that you do.

I hope you make a difference and get what is your due.


The choices that I make, is not for you to know.

For my destiny was chosen and I will reap what I sow.

The life I must live, is the Cross I must bear.

And in all that I do, I will never be in fear.


You can walk by my side, or look the other way.

But know that my heart, will never be your stay.

I am sold to the one, who put meat on my bones.

And by faith I will rise, though I be looked at with scorn.


To live I must be, a calm in the storm.

For every raging wind, might be out of the norm.

I pray for the day, when I look up and see.

The Lamb that was slain, coming back for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair