Warrior Princess

 I've been down in the valley...

Kicked to the curb.

Lost on the mountain and betrayed like a toad.

Everyday of my life, I am challenged at will.

Yet I get up and I am yielded and still.


So many times, I am hungry and weak.

And so many times, I stay humble and meek.

I know in my heart, I count it all joy.

Because I defeat, all my enemies ploy.


By and by, I declare, what is right and what is not.

And every step that I make, I am coals under a pot.

I may look like a lamb, quick to run away and hide.

But with power and might, I will make demons ride.


If you think to presume, I will bow like a cow.

Keep your eyes straight ahead, for


I will dig you like a plow.

I am not a gentle dame, to be told what to do.

I am a warrior princess and the Lord is my due.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair