They Are Dear

 You went in the garden, with sorrow and dread.

As fields of grey, were tattered and dead.

Alone you carried, our burdens, so great.

As your sweat and blood cried, with so much weight.


Oh Lord, you knew, we needed a friend.

To cleanse our sins, to the bitter end.

Though tangible thoughts, were your purpose for us.

You carried our future, from earth to the dust.


As I read in your Word, all the pain you endured.

There's an ache in my heart, that just cannot be soothed.

You came to this world, to die in my place.

So my Thank You Lord, may it never be erased.


One day when I meet you, in the sweet by and by.

I might travel back in time, perhaps with a sigh.

To see the heavens open, as the angels watch


on high.

As you journeyed up the hill, to be crucified and die.


My eyes are all teary, as I look to the sky.

And I watch all the stars, as they bid our sins goodbye.

In my heart I can hear, as the Lord whispered clear.

Father, forgive them, for to Me, they are dear.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair