No Man's Toy

 In the midst of my worrying, the Lord is working.

To put things in place, to keep the devil from lurking.

He told me once, to pray in Jesus name.

So my answers can come, without any shame.


I know in the Scriptures, what the Word of God says.

But because of impatience, I am set in my ways.

Without seeking counsel, I run with the tide.

Then failure comes rushing, while I sit on my pride.


Everyday I get up, and I pray for much hope.

To be more than a conqueror, on a very large scope.

At times in my heart, I settle for less.

But whatever the trial, I give off my best.


When mountains come crashing, like a great hurricane.

I try to understand, all my failures and pain.

To obey God's commands, I often forget.

And to my distress, I am out in the wet.


The plans that I make, might differ from my God.

And oftentimes I think, He should float on my board.

Yet the thoughts of the Lord, delivers me from shame.

To teach me a lesson, that life is not a game.


My time here on earth, should be with great joy.

To know that greater love, had no man's toy.

Though


daily I might fail, in my walk with the King.

Because of the Blood, I will lift my voice and sing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair