If I Don't Have Jesus

 I could have all the fruits, this world have to give....

But if I don't have Jesus, in heaven, I won't live.

I could listen to the voices, that say, come with me....

But if I don't listen to Jesus, I will never be free.

I could sleep in a palace and be covered with a quilt....

But if I don't have Jesus, I will be burdened with guilt.

I could be yoked to the one, who treats me like a queen....

But if I don't have Jesus, what would it all mean...

I could cry me a river, when trials come my way...

But if I don't have Jesus, I would have nowhere to lay.

I could laugh with my friends and dance till it's dawn....

But if I don't have Jesus, my peace would be gone.

I could dress to impress, a man just like me....

But if I don't have Jesus, there is nothing, he will see.

I could bow to my leader and say that he's right....

But if I don't have Jesus, I would perish, without light.

I could say the right words and choose the broad road....

But hell would be my portion, because Jesus, is


the lifter up of my heavy load.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair