Don't Live With Regret

 Don't cry for me, when I am gone.

Don't tell others, that you loved me long.

Don't store up my memories, deep inside your soul.

Because when I was alive, I was never your goal.


I looked to you for love, but all I got was hate.

And many times I cried, while sitting at your gate.

I longed for the day, you would call out my name.

But all I got instead, was pictures of my shame.


Many nights I sat and I thought in my mind.

 If only I stayed down, you might not be unkind.

I tried and I tried, to be all you need.

But you laughed me to scorn and mocked me indeed.


I have walked on the road and travelled on my own.

And I learned to depend, on the seeds I had sown.

I drank from the cup, that was filled to the top.

And trusted in the Lord, that I would never be a flop.


Now that I'm gone, may your heart be all fed.

In the things that you choose and the one that you wed.

I hope that your life, be forever with grace.

And your bed be all made, with fine linen and lace.


Don't live with regret, of rejecting my love.

For my life was so blessed and I flew like a dove.

Let my memory fade, from your heart as I go.

Because heaven is waiting, and where I go, you know.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Like A Babbling Fool

Behold, Thou Art Fair